About the course:
CAHS Human Anatomy & Physiology is a survey course designed to introduce students to the structure and function of the human body.
SCROLL DOWN for CLASS EVENTS
SCROLL DOWN for CLASS EVENTS
*Unexcused absences (including a school/class tardy) will result in a zero for due work/Quizzes. You must have an absence listed as a" excused" on Infinite Campus within one week of absence date for any score-change consideration or exemption. The EASIEST way to have an absence listed as excused is for the parent to call that morning to state why you will be put and to send a note the next day (student provide note to the attendance office).
- *Textbook is assigned by the CAHS main office
*There is a $10 lab fee for the course due by the day of the final exam
*Current grades are posted on Infinite Campus. Enter student ID for username and birthdate for password (a "blank" or "ex" for an assignment = exemption status earned)
Week of 5/18:
Mon: Last Quiz of the Quarter! (Urinary, Respiratory, Reproductive), Prep for guest speaker
Tues: Guest Speaker from Lifeline of Ohio
Wed: Final Exam
Thurs: Final Exam - pt. 2
Fri: Final Exam make ups for Wed or Thurs absences, wrap up the year with a final look at the Immune System!
Week of 5/11:No quiz this week
Mon and Tues: Reproductive systems notes. Mon=Female, Tues= Male
Kahn Academy - Anatomy of Male Reproductive System
Kahn Academy - Anatomy of Male ReproductiveKkkjkKahn Academy - Anatomy of Female Reproductive
Crash Course Reproductive System video
Bozeman Science Reproductive System
Kahn Academy - Transport of sperm via erection and ejaculation
Kahn Academy - Basics of Egg Development
Wed: Wrap up Reproductive systems, Prep for Rat Dissection and upcoming autopsy videoconference
Thurs: Rat/fetal pig Dissection
Virtual Fetal Pig Dissection
Fri: The use of animal venom in medical applications, Discuss yesterday's dissection, Autopsy Videoconference from 9-10:30AM in the Library
Week of 5/4:
Mon- Thurs: Discuss Respiratory System (Ch. 19)
Crash Course Respiratory system video
*Bozeman Science Respiratory review video
Kahn Academy Meet the Lungs video
Kahn Academy Lungs and Pulmonary system video
Kahn Academy Oxygen Movement from Alveoli to Capillaries
Fri: HW DUE (Resp. Overview), Quiz (Urinary,Respiratory/Cardiovascular Systems)
Week of 4/27:
Mon: Finish Bypass Surgery from last Friday
Tues: Discuss Urinary System (ch. 20)
Crash Course Urinary System
Overview of Urinary System Structures
Basic Urinary System Lecture
Urinary System Overview (on occasion, a little more detailed than you will need...)
Thurs: Prep for Kidney Transplant (from 1-2:30pm)
Fri: HW DUE (Urinary Overview - Ch.20), Quiz (Blood and Urinary system)
* If you will miss class due to signing out early - YOU MUST SEE ME earlier in the day to take today's Quiz!
Week of 4/20:
Mon: Discuss Blood (Chapter 15) and blood type
- -----------Blood type and Antigen/antibody response review
-Another review: watch the whole thing for a little genetics review, start at 7:31 for our focus with blood typing
Tues: Continue Blood Typing Discussion, Intro Blood Typing Lab, HW DUE ("Intro")
Rh incompatibility and Pregnancy Article
Thurs: Finish Blood Typing Lab, Use links below to review your understanding
Blood Typing Simulation (Nobel)
Blood Typing Game (American Red Cross)
Fri: Quiz 5 (Blood Vessels ch. 15.4 and Blood ch. 14), Start Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery, HW DUE ("Review")
Week of 4/13:
Mon: ALL SPRING BREAK WORK (Take Home Quiz and Extra Credit Project) DUE
We will Discuss Blood Vessels (Chapter 15.4) in general, coronary vessels
Tues: Blood Vessel discussion cont.
Thurs: Blood Vessel Discussion Cont.. Maybe watch coronary artery bypass surgery
Basics of Blood Vessels VIDEO - start at 24:07
Blood Vessel Labeling video
Heart sounds and Blood Pressure video
Interactive Blood Vessel location Practice
Fri: finish the Heart Sounds and Blood Pressure video, Quiz 4 (Heart and Blood Vessels), HW Due (Label Arteries and Veins)
Week of 3/30:
Mon: Discuss the layers of the wall of the heart and the electrical conduction system of the heart, Spring Break Take Home Quiz given today (DUE the day we return from break!)
Link for Review of Electrical conduction of the heart (some more detail than we get into...)
Tues: Label and Color the Heart HW due, Sheep Heart Dissection in class, Spring Break Extra Credit assignment will be given today, HW given -Dissection Questions DUE Thursday!
Thurs: Quiz 2 (Heart)
Week of 3/23:
- We will start the Cardiovascular and Blood unit this week (chapters 15/14)
-Quiz on Friday (Digestive structures and hormones, intro Cardiovascular)
Week of 3/16: OGT WEEK! Classes will meet in the afternoon all week
- We will wrap up the mechanisms of digestion this week by focusing on the "gateways" between AI canal organs and the hormonal regulation of the system, including the maintenance of blood sugar.
- Mods 7/8 (because I will see you more often due to our altered schedule) will also discuss some digestive system surgeries this week
MON/TUES: Review the phases of gastric secretion (cephalic, gastric and intestinal)
THURS/FRI: Review the role of hormones: insulin, glucagon, gastrin, intestinal gastrin, somatostatin, intestinal somatostatin, cholecystokinin, secretin (WORKSHEET to the right!)
Week of 3/9: LAST WEEK OF QTR3!
-We will wrap up the digestive system organs this week
- Tuesday we will review details of the digestive organs. I will collect QTR 3 journals (absent = exempted!)
-Thursday: we will discuss some disorders and illness as related to the HW due tomorrow and hormonal regulation of the digestive system.
-Friday: Clinical Applications HW DUE (linked to the right if you lost it), Last QUIZ of the quarter! (focus on structural and functional details of the organs, review previous quiz before taking this one!)
Week of 3/2:
-Monday: Digestive notes- Major and accessory organ functions, organs of digestion and absorption AND Digestive system coloring, identification/function
Tuesday:Coloring DUE, More on the organs and their roles in the system
Thursday: Review the organs and functions
Friday: Quiz 7, Assigned Clinical Applications due next week
*NEXT WEEK: wrap up Digestion and Nutrition (LAST WEEK OF QUARTER 3!!!)
Week of 2/23:welcome back?
- We will NOW start the Digestive System (ch. 17)
- Pica Article due on Monday (optional assignment)
- On Tuesday and Thursday we will continue our discussion about the digestive system and nutrients that was started Monday. We will practice identifying digestive organs (location and function) and practice answering questions related to the substances we need to ingest and their pathway once ingested.
- Digestive System Overview due on Friday 2/27
- Quiz (Digestive and a little muscle) on Friday 2/27
Count the Calories in a Sandwich
Week of 2/17:SNOW WEEK!!!
- We will start the digestive system this week (Ch. 17)
* If you are absent: review the first 3 sections of chapter 17
- HW is DUE on Tuesday (Pica Article)
- Quiz on Friday (muscles again, maybe a little bit of digestion)
Week of 2/9:
- We will wrap up muscle identification this week (chapter 9.8) with the trunk, arm and leg muscles. (If you are absent - please review 9.8 content)
* Bring books on Monday and Tuesday (can work okay without it but you will have more help if you bring it!)
-Quiz 5 is on Friday (Muscle identification, naming)
Week of 2/2:
-QUIZ 3 on TUESDAY (Last Friday and this Monday did not work out...)
- We will spend the week focusing on specific skeletal muscles and their properties (9.7 and 9.8 in text -if you are absent please review this content)
-HW due Friday
-Quiz 4 on Friday (muscle naming rules, categorization of muscles by function, identifying head, neck and some trunk muscles)
Week of 1/26:
- QUIZ 2 on TUESDAY (due to snow day on Monday!), HW due as well!
- We will wrap up our muscle physiology conversation and begin to talk about naming, locations/actions of skeletal muscles
- short Quiz 3 on Friday (muscle physiology again - like Quiz 2, some naming)
-The note supplement you received in class will be very helpful over the next two weeks!
Week of 1/20: No school Monday!
- We will discuss the formation of ATP as related to muscle contraction
- HW due NEXT MONDAY (read pages 294-296, complete assignment)
- Quiz Friday (focus on 9.3-9.4) postponed until Monday!
-Friday we will discuss the different types of muscle fibers, isotonic/isometric contractions, and oxygen debt
Week of 1/12: GO BUCKS!
1st Week of Semester 2
- We will continue our muscle notes from where we left off last Monday.
-HW due on Tuesday (1/13): Muscular Structure Review
- Quiz 1 on Friday (ch. 9.1-9.3, don't forget about rigor mortis!)
Week of 1/5: Happy New Year!
- We will discuss the introductory components of Chapter 9 (review types of muscle tissue, some muscle anatomy terminology)
- Quiz on Friday: Joints and introductory Muscle stuff from Monday's discussion (much less muscle stuff if there is no school on Thursday!)
- TWO HWs due on Friday (Rigor Mortis article and Ch. 9 Review).....however, if there is no school on Thursday, the Review assignment due date is postponed until next week!
Weeks of 12/8 + 12/15: Joints - Ch. 8
- We will focus on Chapter 8 (joints) content for the next two weeks.
- HWs due on Friday 12/12 and Tuesday 12/16
- Quiz 6 on Friday 12/12 (skeletal review, joints intro)
-Quiz 7 on Thursday 12/18 (joints)
Mon 12/8: Preview muscular system and role of oxygen in energy use (video notes to turn in)
Tues 12/9: notes 8.1-8.4
Thurs 12/11: wrap up notes from 12/9, discuss joint conditions (arthritis)
Fri 12/12: HW "due" (Joints review - posted to the right!), Quiz 6, discuss physiology of joints (movements)
Mon 12/15 - Tues 12/16: continuing discussion of joint movements, HW "due" on Tuesday (Joints review pt. 2), You will get all "winter break work"
Thurs 12/18: Quiz 7
Thurs 12/18 - Fri 12/19: wrap up, work on winter break work (DUE the day we return from break!)
Week of 12/1:Welcome Back!
- We will spend the beginning of the week discussing and practicing naming of carpals, metacarpals, tarsals, metatarsals and phalanges. On Thursday, we will start the Joints Unit (chapter 8) after reviewing for Friday's quiz.
- HW due on Thursday 12/4
-Quiz 5 on Friday 12/5
Week of 11/23: HAPPY TURKEY DAY!
-Mon:QUIZ 4 POSTPONED UNTIL TUESDAY! (identify bones/bone regions, features of appendicular skeleton), review for the quiz, begin discussion of remaining appendicular skeleton
-Tues: Quiz 4, Discuss the ankle, hand, foot, finger bones
* REMEMBER: you have HW due the Tuesday after we return!
Week of 11/17:
-Mon and Tues: Discuss the appendicular skeleton (pectoral girdle, pelvic girdle, arms, legs)
- Thurs: Review the skeleton, practice for the quiz
- Friday: More review, given HW that is due on Tuesday 12/2
* Friday Mod 12/13 students: turn in your completed Quiz practice on Monday for the video points you will miss due to the assembly
Week of 11/10: PTC week!
-Mon: Quiz, start discussion of vertebral bone markings
-Tues: Discuss vertebral bone markings and vertebral curvatures, Discuss the knee joint to prepare for the LIVE knee replacement surgery on 11/17 (mods 3-6 - you are not required to attend, your mods 3-6 teacher(s) may decide you cannot miss class!)
-Thurs: Meet in Computer lab (rm 126) to practice the knee replacement surgery; in class: we will review the last quiz
-Friday: Quiz 3 - Major skeletal regions/bones, axial skeleton details (skull, thoracic cage, vertebral column), discuss appendicular skeleton
Week of 11/3
-Mon and Thurs: Discuss Thoracic cage and Vertebral column
-NO SCHOOL ON TUESDAY!
-Quiz 2 on Friday (Thoracic cage and Vertebral column), discuss vertebral column curvatures and bones features of ribs and vertebrae
Week of 10/27: first week of Q2!
-Discuss Skull bones (locations, sutures and markings)
-Coloring HW DUE on Tuesday; be sure you are completely coloring each bone to its observable border and including all parts of that bone visible in the image in your coloring!
-Flashcard/term study HW should be completed by FRIDAY, however, I am not going to collect it. QUIZ 1 (major bones/regions of skeleton, skull details) on Friday.
Week of 10/20:chapter 7.5 -7.6
-Finish Discussion of 7.3 (fractures, healing) complete discussion over 7.5, start 7.6
-HW due Tuesday 10/21
-Thursday we will practice for the quiz, any new content (as always!) will be fair game for next week's quiz. Qtr. 1 Journals collected.
-Quiz on Friday (7.1-7.5; focus on 7.5!), HW given that will be due next week
Week of 10/13
-Notes over 7.4
-HW due Thursday
-Quiz 8 (7.3-7.4) on Thursday
- HW: Read chapter 7.5, answer questions 16+17 on page 206 (DUE Tuesday 10/21)
Week of 10/6: read chapter 7.1-7.3
-Notes over 7.2-7.3
-HW DUE Tuesday (Introduction...) and Friday (Further...)
* BOTH HWs assigned last Thursday!
-Quiz 8 on Friday (ch 7.1-7.3)
Week of 9/29:
- Finish Integument, Start Skeletal
Mon: discuss allergies, immune reaction
Tues-Fri: notes over general bone classifications and microanatomy of bone (7.1-7.3)
Tues: Chapter 6 clinical application assignment DUE;
HW DUE FRIDAY assigned: Quiz 6 corrections - record all questions and answers (no MC letters!) for every incorrect response you made, attach it to your scantron and turn in by FRI
Fri: Quiz 7 (integumentary system - focus on accessory structures and clinical application readings, intro skeletal system)
Week of 9/22:
- Chapter 6 - Integumentary System
- Read all of chapter 6, We will take notes over new content from this chapter every day
-Two HW assignments one should be completed by Tuesday, Part 2 by Friday
- Quiz on Friday
Week of 9/15:
- chapter 5 - focus on details of epithelial and connective tissues
-HW due Wednesday (chapter 5 study guide)
-Quiz on Friday
Next week: Integumentary System (ch.6)
Week of 9/8: last week of interim period
- finishing up chapter 1 (1.8) - lots of terms!! anatomical regions review
-review assignment due by Thursday
-Quizzes on Monday and Friday
- Start Chapter 5 on Friday (Ch. 5 Study Guide due next week - posted to the right)
GREAT overall review of chapter 1 notes
TEACHERTUBE Anatomy terms
Regions of the body "dance"
Anatomical position and directional terms review
Week of 9/2:
- Still on chapter 1: directional terminology, sections, regions, quadrants.
- Lab on Friday, HW due Friday
-Quiz POSTPONED UNTIL MONDAY!
YOUTUBE for review: directional terms and sections and cavities
Week of 8/25:
- We will discuss what remains of chapter 1
M: maintenance of life, homeostasis, tissue types
T: HW due, finish tissue types, overview all of the systems (structures and general functions)
W: Quiz 1, try to finish systems overview
R: wrap-up overview of systems, start anatomical position and relative directional terminology
F: HW due:Systems matching/coloring, Quiz 2, practice directional terms, discuss cavities, regions, and sections
*Next week: lab over terminology, practice regional terms (wrap-up chapter 1), Quiz 3 on Friday (anatomical position, relative position terms, cavities, regions and sections)
In these Week of 8/20: Welcome! (chapter 1)
In these first few days of the course we will focus on a course overview, some basics of the nervous system, how learning occurs and review of the human body systems.Week
POSTED Assignments and Print Resources:
|File Size:||233 kb|